[as] video on
Episode: Kramer Vs. Showgirls
Segment Summary: Andy comes home from college for spring break, and his toys can't wait to greet him!
- This segment is a parody of Toy Story.
- The scene where Woody suffocates Buzz with a pillow is a reference to Randle McMurphy's death scene in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
- When Andy says "Domino, motherfucker," it could be a reference to Boyz N The Hood.
Trivia / Info:
- An actual Toy Story 4 film was confirmed 8 years after the sketch aired, and was released on June 21st, 2019. It was directed by Josh Cooley.
- Jessie, Bullseye, Bo Peep, and Mrs. Potato Head do not appear in this sketch, however, Jessie and Bullseye did appear in the sketch You've Got A Collectable Asset In Me which was released three years later. Bo Peep may not have appeared since she did not appear at all in the third film (although she did return for the fourth)
- Slinky's spring was sliver in this sketch, while in the Toy Story movies his spring was white.
- It is unknown what Jessie would say if she saw what Woody did to Buzz, however, it is possible that she would throw Woody into Sid’s yard to be destroyed by his kids.
- Andy's girlfriend resembles Hannah, Sid's sister in the first Toy Story.
- This sketch could be an alternate story of what would've happened if Andy chose to keep his toys after going to college.
- Mr. Potato Head is voiced by Frank Welker instead of Seth Green, who played him in two sketches.
- Ironically, the real Toy Story 4 movie ends with the same lines as this skit.
- The ending where Woody kills Buzz and is left in depression (and, as with above, Buzz saying "To Infinity..." and Woody continuing "..and Beyond!") is similar to The Fine Bros. video "Toy Story 3 Deleted Scene" where Woody and Buzz (and the other toys) have become obsolete, due to Andy apparently being glued to a PlayStation 3. Woody tells Buzz to look out the window and visualize a playroom with Andy playing with them and then Buzz says his catchphrase (with him and Woody saying it the same way as in the sketch) and then Woody draws out a revolver and shoots Buzz (due to their relationship from the first film paving the way for this) and then is in depression, saying "You did this!" while sobbing and then commits suicide by shooting himself and the screen goes to black as the gunshot is heard. In the "Bloopers", Woody says to Buzz "So Buzz, I just fire like this!" and fires the gun and says "Wh-Whoa! Was that loud? Was that loud?", briefly laughs and asks if it was "a crow moment" and they both laugh, but their laughter is cut short when Woody accidentally shoots Buzz and Woody says "Wha... Oh, no! Buzz? Wha.." and the camera pans down to show Buzz lying dead and then pans back up to Woody, who says "Oh, Nooooo!". After cutting away from him, we cut back to him, after having done the scene of Woody committing suicide, where Woody can't drop the gun, still pointed at him and he backs into the window, knocking his hat loose and he says "Uhhhh, little help, guys?" and his voice actor Ben Fine takes the gun away from him, knocking him over, making him loose his hat and then brings Woody back up and makes him laugh.
- In addition, this bit and the the above video are also eerily similar to the infamous Black Friday Incident, which pertained to a variation of the first film shown on Black Friday 1993, made at the request of then-Disney chairman and Dreamworks founder Jeffrey Katzenberg, where it had a cynical adult tone and Woody was jerk and actually threw Buzz out the window, which nearly caused production of Toy Story to be cancelled, but luckily, John Lassetter and the rest of Pixar turned in around into what we know and love.
- This is one of the most popular sketches of the entire series.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- Andy's toys were already donated to Bonnie Anderson before he went to college at the end of Toy Story 3. However, like it said in the "Trivia" section, Andy could've decided to keep his toys after going to college. (see above)
- Etch wasn't living with Andy anymore in Toy Story 3 since he was one of the toys that were given away or donated.
- The background on the wall has stars in Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3, and the clouds in Toy Story are really in the sketch.
- Toys don't come to life when humans are around in the Toy Story movies.
- When Mr. Potato Head says, "What a freakin' jerk", (referring to Slinky) his lips aren't red.
- There are six Green Army Men in the sketch whereas in Toy Story 3, only three were left.
- Slinky's collar isn't green, but in the next shot it was seen before he gets kicked aside.
- There were three Little Green Men in Toy Story 3 and not one as it appears in this sketch.
- When Slinky, after he gets kicked aside, says "TELL MY STORY!!!" his lips don't move when he said this.
- Andy still has his cowboy bed covers from the first Toy Story, while in Toy Story 3 he has just regular blue bed covers
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.