Episode: Catch Me If You Kangaroo Jack
Cast: Seth Green (Batman, Commissioner Gordon (laughing), Judge, Priest (laughing)), Breckin Meyer (Joker's Lawyer (laughing)), Mark Hamill (Joker, Bailiff (laughing)), Keith Ferguson (Commissioner Gordon), Matthew Senreich (Guard)
Segment Summary: Batman ensures the Joker gets what's coming to him.
Written By: Doug Goldstein
- The sponge on the Joker's head being dry, and the protracted suffering he goes through as a result of it references a scene from The Green Mile. Joker previously referenced the film in the segment The Arkham Redemption when he flushes the toilet after using it while Batman crawls through the sewer line, believing Joker has escaped Arkham.
- When Commissioner Gordon mentions that he removed the sponge for 'Barbara', it alludes to the fact that the Joker crippled his daughter, Barbara Gordon (Batgirl) and forced her to reply upon a wheelchair and become Oracle, an event that occured in Batman: The Killing Joke.
Trivia / Info:
- Mark Hamill reprises his role as the Joker from Batman: The Animated Series.
- The Joker's full name of "Maurice P. Joker" could likely be a reference to the Steve Miller Band song "The Joker", which features the lyric "Some people call me Maurice cause I speak of the pompatus of love".
- Keith Ferguson provided Commissioner Gordon’s vocal effects in LEGO Batman: The Videogame.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- At the end of this sketch, when Commissioner Gordon laughs along with Batman/Bruce Wayne, Commissioner Gordon is voiced by Seth Green, instead of Keith Ferguson.
- In the comics, despite the number of people he has murdered, Joker's insanity prevents him from being sentenced to death as he is usually found not guilty by reason of insanity and sent back to Arkham Asylum.