Characters: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, Mas Amedda, Sim Aloo, Phone Operator
Segment Summary: The Emperor gets a bad phone call from Darth Vader.
- This segment takes place right after A New Hope.
- The ringtone of the phone is the same one used in CTU Los Angeles on 24.
- When Palpatine tells Mas and Sim about "throwing the Senate at him" in the beginning, he could be referring to his fight with Yoda in Revenge of the Sith.
Trivia / Info:
- For Robot Chicken: Star Wars, Darth Vader's voice was changed to sound more realistic than the 1987 version.
- After this segment was aired, Adult Swim created a t-shirt with this logo on it.
- Since this sketch originally is from season 2, it's the only sketch from one of the Star Wars-specials that is also available uncensored.
- In the skit, Vader claims to have been "flying around for 2 weeks trying to get a signal". In Star Wars canon, by contrast, his ship crash landed on the planet Vaal where he boarded a shuttle to Coruscant.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- As mentioned in the DVD commentary, the animators did not wash their hands or the set when they were filming the segment. You can watch the dust move around on Palpatine's desk throughout the segment as they get fingerprints all over it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.