Episode: Terms of Endaredevil
Characters: Gargamel, Smurfette, Papa Smurf, Vanity Smurf, Brainy Smurf, Azrael, Howlibird
Segment Summary: Gargamel's latest scheme brings him closer to noble people.
- Mashup of TV's The Smurfs and James Cameron's film Avatar
- The song the Smurfs are singing during the party is a parody of Yub-Nub from the original theatrical version of Return of The Jedi.
- Pokes fun at Matthew Fox and Scott Wolf from Party of 5.
Trivia / Info:
- The Smurfs appear to hiss when they get angry just like the Na'vi in Avatar.
- Gargamel sees Smurfette bathing in a lake with her chest pixelated. He turns to the camera to ask why her chest needs to be censored when Smurfs don't have nipples, and the pixel bar goes away to reveal that she indeed does not have nipples.
- The premise of Gargamel disguising himself as a Smurf to infiltrate the Smurf Village was used in an actual Smurfs story entitled The Fake Smurf which was published in Spirou magazine back in 1961.
- The "Smurf-eating bird" is actually called a Howlibird and first appeared in the 1969 comic book The Smurfs and the Howlibird. The character was designed by famous Belgian cartoonist André Franquin.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- Consciousness transferment is not usually permanent in Avatar.