Episode: The Munnery
Characters: Captain James T. Kirk, Scotty, Spock, Lt. Uhura, Dr. McCoy, Toby the Redshirt
Segment Summary: The crew of the Starship Enterprise faces their greatest foe yet - themselves!
- This segment is a parody of TV's Star Trek.
- This segment alludes to the Donner Party, a group of settlers that were stranded and resorted to cannibalism in order to survive.
- Redshirt is a term used in American college athletics that refers to a delay or suspension of an athlete's participation in order to lengthen his or her period of eligibility.
Trivia / Info:
- The final line, "That's good ham!" is a callback to Care Bear Genocide's "That's good rainbow!", and also calls attention to William Shatner's overblown acting style.
- Sulu and Chekov are absent in this sketch.
- Sarah Silverman has actually starred in a Star Trek: Voyager episode as Rain Robinson in the two-part episode Future's End.
- The sets, characters and in Silverman's case, voice actress were all repurposed from a G4TV advertising campaign Stoopid Monkey did for "Star Trek 2.0," an annotated reshowing of Star Trek's original series.
- Most likely, Kirk was the one who traded the dilithium crystals for pornographic holograms and put the crew in danger in the first place.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
Wanna Play Doctor? - Previous Segment