Episode: Anne Marie's Pride
Characters: Alvin, Simon, Theodore, David Seville, Recording Producer
Segment Summary: Learn the untold origin of Alvin and the Chipmunks!
- This Sketch alludes to how Alvin and the Chipmunks might have gotten their squeaky little voices.
- The appearances of Dave and the Chipmunks are based on the 1980s cartoon and movie.
- The song is a parody of "The Chipmunk Song".
Trivia / Info:
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- Helium is a simple asphyxiant like nitrogen (which constitutes 78% of air) which is only dangerous if the oxygen level drops too far. One would need to replace most of the air in the room to have any adverse affect. Even then, they would not start choking, but would suddenly becomes sleepy.
- Helium doesn't cause a voice to change pitch (as per the sped-up effect of the Chipmunks), but instead changes the timbre of the voice while it is in the larynx, because the speed of sound is three times faster in helium, which causes higher resonant frequencies.
Subway Monster - Previous Segment | Next Segment - A Name That Parents Should Never Give Their Children