[as] video on
Episode: Lust for Puppets
Segment Summary: They should have sought help sooner.
- This sketch is a parody of the Calvin and Hobbes comic strips.
- Earlier in the skit, Hobbes mentions the cigarette company Marlboro.
Trivia / Info:
- The shock therapy scene may be alluded from the film A Beautiful Mind.
- Hobbes refers to Calvin by name in this skit - something he did not do very often in the strip.
- Inside the house is a picture of Calvin, which looked the way the character appeared in the strip.
- This is one of Calvin and Hobbes very few appearances in animated media.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- In the comic strips, Calvin did not receive Hobbes as a present; he caught him in a tiger trap.
- Since Hobbes was a stuffed animal, Calvin most likely killed his parents, but between a tiger and a 6-year old boy, only a tiger would be strong enough to operate a chainsaw.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.