Episode: Book of Corrine
Segment Summary: Big Bird gets the bird flu.
- This segment parodies TV's Sesame Street.
- There was a similar sketch on MADtv where Big Bird also got the bird flu that might have inspired this sketch.
Trivia / Info:
- Seth Green has guest-starred on Sesame Street.
- A brief parody of "One of These Things" is seen, with three dancing kids and one dead kid.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- Sesame Street is shown as having a "Word of the Day" (Quarantine), though it traditionally only actually had a "Letter" and "Number of the Day". Interestingly a year after this sketch was made, Sesame Street episodes did start including a "Word of the Day", which would be introduced at the start of the show as the "Word on the Street". This practice was discontinued when the show was reduced to a half-hour format and moved to HBO.
- Snuffy is portrayed as an imaginary friend of Big Bird, when, in fact, he's actually a real character on the show and was only thought to be imaginary during his first few appearances.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.